Staff Screening & Training Process
All of the staff at Camp Rotary have passed an extensive background check that includes…
- completion of a camp application that documents past employment history and educational background.
- a personal interview
- three positive personal/business references.
- a criminal record check done through the state of MA (for all residents of MA). or a criminal record check done by the applicant’s local police / court (if applicant is not a resident of MA).
- documentation of any credentials / special training necessary for their job at camp.
- All camp counselors are required to hold current certification in CPR and first aid.
Additionally, upon selection, all staff members are required to attend an extensive training program that is done here at camp, prior to their being allowed to work with the campers. Many of them take extra training and certification courses to allow them to work in our specialty areas of camp: archery, riflery, ropes, all waterfront programs and BMX biking.