This is an important policy that should be read by all parents as it is one of the policies that we strictly adhere to… there are no exceptions. Part of the summer camp experience is being away from the home and the family. At times it is more difficult on the parent than on the child. As difficult as it sounds, though, once your child arrives here at camp, you will have no direct way of communicating with him/her, except via US mail. Please feel free, however, to call and speak to your child’s counselor for an update on how he/she is doing. If there is an emergency please feel free to call and speak to the director. In order to help us maximize your child’s growth, we ask that you strictly abide by the following policies:
- There are NO visits and NO phone calls allowed for the entire session.
- PLEASE use the US mail to deliver packages, as opposed to just “dropping by” to deliver them yourself.
- If your child is staying over for two consecutive weeks and you have opted for the STAYOVER weekend, you may visit on the Saturday between sessions.
- NO camper may leave camp for any reason once they check in for the week. Parents are asked to select a camp week for your child that does not conflict with any other activities: sports, drama, birthday parties, etc. are constant demands on nearly all of our campers. Everyone would like to be able to be at camp AND participate in their outside activities. Unfortunately for safety and security reasons, this is not possible. We therefore have a strict policy that prohibits campers leaving camp until they check out completely.
- If it is impossible for you to find a week that does not conflict with outside commitments, we would ask you to reconsider whether camp is feasible this year.